Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Biking for a cause

At Logan Pass, we were returning from our hike to 'Hidden Lake'. While I was trying to slide my way down on the snowy trail, I got into conversation with a fellow hiker. He was a student from UV of Texas... he and his group were on a biking expedition for a cause !
Unfortunately since our speed was not matching up, I couldn't really get to speak much, but the info he had shared was lingering in my thoughts and was amazed.




When I returned to the parking lot, I couldn't miss spotting these vans and the mission they were heading. Kudos !





On returning home, I googled to find this -

On June 1, 2013, many students from the University of Texas embarked on a journey of their life .... to bike 4500 miles from Austin, Texas to Anchorage, Alaska.
Their mission - to spread Hope, Knowledge, and Charity for the fight against cancer.



Photographs by Anupama Puneeth

More Info:
http://www.texas4000.org/

http://lubbockonline.com/local-news/2010-06-11/cyclists-care#.Ud3KW_kp_4A

No comments:

Post a Comment