Friday, April 4, 2014

The Summit @ Snoqualmie, WA


I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” 
Lewis Carroll




As I bid farewell to the winter ... reminiscing the beauty of winter on the mountain tops 
...where we diligently spent most of our saturday mornings for the past three months :)







watching and enjoying my little girl patiently learn to ski :-)




Before we realized...there she was conquering the mountains :) 









"Once you take your first ride up a lift, your life will be changed for ever"
~Warren Miller






My little girl has inspired me so much that I am definitely going to take lessons next season ... and may be get on that chair along with my lens :)


Apart from skiing, we managed to do some snow-shoeing too. 
First a kid-friendly ranger led hike - more info here



Also did a ranger led photography hike ... but unfortunately it snowed heavily on the day. Few frames from this trip -














Photographs by: Anupama Puneeth.
Shot at Snoqualmie summit west.

Please ask permission before using any of my photographs.

1 comment:

  1. As always very nice shots Anu :-) The place as such looks awesome ...

    ReplyDelete